Guard your hands in something a bit more regal than your standard gauntlet. The Hourglass Gauntlets, made of 19 gauge steel, are coated in colored leather and adorned with brass rivets for an impressive and unique look. The back hand piece is rigid and features a short vambrace to protect the wrist. Protected by thick leather, the fingers are free for a range of movement. Brass knuckle guards and a multitude or rivets provide further protection. Underneath, the gauntlets are worn by leather gloves sewn to the top portion of the fingers. A phenomenal way to show off your style on the battlefield, the Hourglass Gauntlets are sure to serve you well at your next medieval reenactment event or LARP battle. Due to their handcrafted construction, each gauntlet may display slight variations in its appearance.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Rigid back hand plate decorated with colored leather
- Knuckle plates and brass rivets provide additional detail and protection
- Leather glove underneath plate
- Finger protection sewn to leather glove
- Leather strap around palm secures gauntlet
- Sold in sets of two
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Diameter at Narrowest Point: 3.5 Inches
- Circumference at Narrowest Point: 10.5 Inches
- Glove Size: 9
- Weight: 2.71 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.