It should come as no surprise that, in a medieval bout, people will be watching your hands. After all, your hands are wielding your weapon. These Churberg Hourglass Gauntlets are an ornate yet effective defender that adds an impressive look to your hands. Named, loosely, for their shape, as well as for style, these gauntlets are equally appealing for reasons of defense and for reasons of style. They are crafted entirely from 16 gauge steel, which is heavy enough to provide some protection, as well as light enough to be comfortably worn as costume pieces and LARPing armor. The gauntlets possess a flared cuff and articulated fingers, and are heavily accented with touches of brass metal plating, giving them a two-toned coloration and a rich level of detailing that makes them look worthy of the highest orders of nobility. The interior of the gauntlets are occupied by supple gloves, which makes them even more appealing. When worn, they are surprisingly mobile and dexterous, which ensures that you do not lose dexterity and range of movement, either. If you are fighting, then you can bet that at least one person – your opponent – is watching your hands. And when you wear these Churberg Hourglass Gauntlets, more will do the same, especially once they realize the fine accoutrement that you have protecting your fingers from harm.
- A Traditional Pair of Armored Gauntlets
- Articulated to Ensure Good Protection and Movement
- Comes as a Matched Set
- Gauntlets Include Fabric Gloves, for Comfortable Wearing
- Great for Costuming, LARP, SCA, Reenactments, and More
- Crafted from 16 Gauge Mild Steel
- Richly Adorned with Fine Brass Accents
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 11 Inches
- Wrist Circumference: 11 Inches
- Width at Palm: 4 Inches
- Weight: 1 Pound 15.4 Ounces
There are no reviews yet.