Any knight in his right mind uses steel gauntlets to protect his fingers from the blows of his opponent. The 15th Century German Style Gauntlets with Brass serve as a complex yet beautiful addition to any set of plate armour. Fiore dei Liberi, an Italian master of the period, wrote that he used medieval gauntlets in all of his duels. These knightly gauntlets have been decorated with traditional German style from the end of the 15th century. Several plates – alternating with brass for a striking look – guard each finger, making this German armour a great choice for warriors.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item. The high-quality, attached leather glove is stitched to the tip of the fingers, so it is easily removed, replaced or repaired.
- Made from 18 gauge steel
- Includes stitched leather glove
- Multiple plates cover each finger
- Offers excellent protection to hands
- Great for LARP and re-enactment use
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Standard: Fits up to Glove Size 9 or 9.25-10.2 Inches.
- Overall Length: 15 1/4 inches
- Hand Length: 7 1/4 inches
- Cuff Circumference: 5 inches
- Wrist Circumference: 16 inches
- Knuckle Circumference: 11 inches
- Palm Width: 4 1/2 inches
Measurements are approximate.