The Blackened Markward Short Gauntlets are the perfect finishing touch to any dark LARP outfit or medieval inspired armour ensemble. The gauntlets are made of 18 gauge blackened steel and feature a six piece construction, lending these classic gauntlets full wrist mobility. Three sturdy leather straps buckled at the side of the hand secure the gauntlets to the wearer, which can easily be adjusted for a perfect fit. These gauntlets, like most plate armour, are most comfortable when worn with a protective underlayer, such as leather gloves.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Georg Armour Set (OUTFIT-M52), which includes the Blackened Markward Short Gauntlets alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
This listing is for the gauntlets only. Leather gloves are not included.
- Each gauntlet constructed from six pieces
- Design allows for complete wrist movement
- Fastened using adjustable buckle straps
- Great for wearing over leather or chainmail gloves
- Perfect for use in LARP events or historical reenactments
- Sold in sets of two
- Made of 18 gauge blackened steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 6.5 Inches
- Hand Length: 5.75 Inches
- Cuff Circumference: 11 Inches
- Wrist Circumference: 11.25 Inches
- Knuckle Circumference: 10 Inches
- Palm Width: 6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.