Smart warriors know that their hands are vulnerable in sword fighting. Make sure that your hands are protected with the 15th Century Steel Gauntlets. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, these mitten gauntlets come as a pair. They feature a multiple plate design with removable leather glove inserts. First, there is a large plate that covers the wrist in the front and back.
Next, six plates overlap each other to cover the fingers. These plates attach to the main wrist plate. Rivets attach the finger plates together. There are two leather straps on the underside of these plates. The leather inserts slide through these straps to move the finger plates. On the thumb of the leather glove, there are five, small overlapping plates. These plates attach solely to the glove. This allows protection for the thumb as well as the ability to remove the glove inserts from the steel gauntlets. The 15th Century Steel Gauntlets are a great option for reenactments and Renaissance faires.
As this item is crafted by hand, slight variations in color and detail may occur.
- Fully removable glove inserts
- Overlapping plate design
- Straps for moving the plates
- Protects the hands from attacks
- Great for historical reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel and leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 12 Inches
- Palm Width: 5 Inches
- Wrist Armour Circumference: 21 Inches
- Glove at Wrist: 10 Inches