Steel gauntlets serve as an essential piece of medieval armour, protecting the fingers and hands of a warrior. The 15th Century Decorated German Gauntlets feature excellent style and functionality, covering fingertip to wrist. Fiore dei Liberi, an Italian master of the period, wrote that he used medieval gauntlets in all of his duels. The backs of these knightly gauntlets have been decorated with traditional German style from the end of the 15th century. Several plates guard each finger, making this German armour a great choice for warriors.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item. The high-quality, attached leather glove is stitched to the tip of the fingers, so it is easily removed, replaced or repaired.
- Made from 18 gauge steel
- Includes stitched leather glove
- Multiple plates cover each finger
- Offers excellent protection to hands
- Great for LARP and re-enactment use
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Standard: Fits up to Glove Size 9 or 9.25-10.2 Inches. Weighs 5.6 lbs.
Measurements are approximate.
Smith B –
I bought these guantlets and I am so happy I did! It was so much fun to go to the renaissance fair with these. They look amazing and very fun to wear! The guantlets are very comfortable to wear this is an amazing product to get.