Answer the call of Freya and help your sisters-in-arms claim victory. The Epic Shieldmaiden Short Cuirass is perfect for all kinds of warrior women, from Valkyries to fantasy rogues and rangers.
Firstly, the shape of this cuirass is handcrafted for an adjustable and figure-hugging fit. It covers the top of the torso, leaving the waist free. This allows for more mobility in battle.
The 8-9 ounce leather panels on the front and back have a unique patina that gives this medieval fantasy armour it a slightly antiqued look, thus perfect for noble, battle-weathered warriors. This is then paired with smooth 9-10 ounce leather side panels.
Next, gorgeous Viking knotwork embossing decorates the shoulder straps and V-neck of the armour down to the top of the torso. The back panels, at the center of the back and on each side of the back, also echo this knotwork design. This adds just the right amount of detail to your Viking warrior costume.
How to Wear the Cuirass:
Hidden snaps at the back and side make this Viking cuirass easier to take on and off without help. Once you have adjusted the fit to your liking, you can quickly armour up for your next fight without having to completely unlace and unstrap the shieldmaiden chest armour.
To adjust the fit to suit you just right, there are straps from the shoulders to the back of the armour. These can be tightened or loosened to better fit the length of your torso. Then, lacing at each side is also adjustable for your best fit.
This female Nord armour is easy to wear as the only piece of armour in your kit, but it also pairs perfectly with many other armour pieces from Les Artisans d Azure. Eyelets at the shoulders allow for attaching leather Viking armour such as the Epic Shieldmaiden Pauldrons (RT-328) or the Epic Shieldmaiden Neck Armor (RT-329).
Because of the half torso length, the middle of the body is more free for more movement and quicker movement, too. This also makes it great for pairing with your favorite kidney belt, waist cincher, or other waist and thigh armour pieces.
Available in a range of sizes, this leather Viking cuirass also comes in two color options. Choose Amber for warm brown tones. This creates a cuirass that suits a noble Norse fighter or huntress. Choose Ashen for a darker look that is perfect for rogues and rangers.
Gorgeous, adjustable, and easy to wear, the Epic Shieldmaiden Short Cuirass is a fantastic choice for adding armour to your LARP kit or Renaissance faire Viking costume. Adaptable in that it can suit a wide range of characters and outfits, this handcrafted leather cuirass is a must-have for any female armour look.
- Choose between Amber or Ashen color options
- Beautiful embossed Viking knotwork on front and back
- Easy to wear with hidden front snaps
- Straps and lacing for adjustable fit
- Great for Valkyries, Norse warriors, and more
- Made of 8-9 ounce vegetable dyed leather and 9-10 ounce brown leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue. For more information, check out our guide on How to Take Care of Leather Armour.