The yari is a Japanese spear used both in warfare and in the martial art of sojutsu. Requiring great skill to use, this Samurai Yari is designed after weapons used on the battlefield by the honorable Samurai warriors of medieval Japan.
This spear is forged in T10 high carbon steel with a double edge design and a deep fuller on the flat side of the blade. The differential tempering of the blade creates a hamon, or pattern, on each edge. The hamon is aesthetically pleasing and also shows the variance in the hardness of the steel. The long tang is ideal to absorb the shock of a blow, while the one piece construction enhances its durability.
Eye catching golden details are featured at either end of the handle as well. The handle is hollow. This spear comes with a wooden blade cover. A black plastic coating covers the blade cover. In addition, there is a black nylon bag that covers the wooden blade cover and helps hold it on. The Samurai Yari is a great addition to any weapons collection or for use in the art of sojutsu.
- High carbon steel blade is functional
- Blade features a double edge design and a deep fuller
- Tempering creates hamons on blades edges
- Long tang is ideal for absorbing shock
- Features gleaming golden details on the hollow handle
- Great for display or for use in sojutsu
- Overall Length: 79 Inches
- Blade Length: 16.75 Inches
- Handle Length: 62.5 Inches
- Weight: 3 lb. 11 oz.