The Miao Dao, or sprout saber, arose in the 20th century, its name referencing the resemblance between the blade shape and a newly sprouted plant. The Dragon Head Miao Dao is a modern adaptation of this Chinese sword. A forerunner of the miao dao, the chang dao, served as an important weapon of the army of General Qi Jiguang, who fought against raiding pirates and enemies of the Ming Empire in the 16th century. This highly coveted Chinese blade stands out from other designs like the dadao and jian. A formidable and intimidating oriental saber, this miao dao extends a full 4 feet 9 inches! Its wooden core handle is wrapped with leather, and the design uses a brushed stainless steel guard and pommel. The golden dragon-head blade collar contrasts the 5160 high carbon steel blade. The brown textured and lacquered scabbard features a brushed steel belt ring for edge-up carry styles, as well as a stainless steel chape and throat.
- Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Guard and pommel are brushed stainless steel
- Wood core handle is wrapped with leather
- Decorated with dragon head blade collar
- Comes with a lacquered scabbard
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 57 Inches
- Blade Length: 34.75 Inches
- Handle Length: 18 Inches
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.