Our Merc Steel Pauldrons are crafted from 18 gauge steel. The Merc armour features clean lines and classic design. This armour fits just about any period for any character. The Merc Steel Pauldrons have a molded shoulder plate and two lower lames that protect the upper arm. These pauldrons look great with the matching Merc Cuirass body armour, which is sold separately. Additionally, the pauldrons will attach to any gorget or body armour that has outward facing rings at the shoulders. There is a leather strap and buckle at the top, center of the molded segment that will connect to the rings on a gorget or body armour. There is also a leather strap and buckle on the end of the pauldron that will attach to your arm for extra stability. The color option for this item is for the leather straps. Currently, these are only available with Brown leather straps.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Overall Length: 13 Inches
- Width: 9 Inches (at the top)
- Width: 7.5 Inches (at the bottom)