Do not forget to protect your shoulders from the enemy. The Epic Dark/Rust Raider Shoulders will help to keep you safe in battle. Made from 19-gauge mild steel, this pair of barbarian pauldrons comes in two sizes. The pair secures to the arms with leather straps. Straps also help the pauldrons attach to other pieces of armour, not included. Both pauldrons have an overlapping design with the top plate being the outermost plate. Each plate below the top plate has a pair of ridges that forms three sections. The center section has a rustic finish, while the outer two have a blackened finish.
Next, the top plate for the left pauldron looks different from the one on the right. The left pauldron continues the three-section design. On each of the outer sections, there is a metal ring held in place with three straps. One of the three straps connects the two rings. Also, the outer sections have ridges adorning it. Meanwhile, the right pauldron features a series of ridges, a sword breaker at the top, and a small top plate in the middle. This pair of shoulder armour pieces makes a great addition to any orc or barbarian warrior outfit. The Raider Shoulders are ideal for a LARP battle or cosplay event.
Please note that these pauldrons cannot be worn alone. They require another piece of armour, not included.
- Comes in two sizes
- Sold as a pair
- Secures with straps
- Left shoulder looks different than the right shoulder
- Great for orcs and barbarians
- Wonderful for LARP and cosplay events
- Made from 19-gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
skulhedman (verified owner) –
First off, these look amazing! The design is great, from the ridges, to the small plates and rings, and I love the asymmetrical take as it looks great for a character that might loot its armor, such as an orc. The reason for my three stars, which I really hate to do, is that the buckles connecting the pauldrons to the gorget both broke within an hour of unpacking and assembling while I was trying the set on with different costume configurations. Not sure what type of metal is used for the buckles, but it seemed particularly brittle. Medieval Collectibles customer service quickly replaced the set for me, but nowI have to wonder if and when the buckles will break on the new ones. I don’t mind repairing or modifying some gear after it has been through the wringer, but don’t expect a breakage during the initial fitting (especially for the price and the quality of the rest of the item). So, they are super cool looking and I love the aesthetics and feel to them, but be cautious if you get them.