Classic design and excellent functionality make the Steel Gustav Spaulders a fantastic addition to your warrior ensemble. Ideal for Renaissance fairs, LARP events, and re-enactments, the style of the medieval spaulders suits a wide range of characters. The shoulder armour is assembled from five interlocking components, lending a lot of freedom of movement to the wearer. The steel spaulders can attach to a collar with a leather strap. This plate armour shows off a bright metal gleam that goes great with other pieces of our Gustav-style armour. We recommend wearing padded arming wear with the metal spaulders to increase comfort. Please note that this item must be worn with a gorget.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Displays a shiny metal finish
- Made from five interlocking parts
- Excellent shoulder protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.