If, as a gladiator, you are going to protect something, it might as well be your neck and sword-arm, since losing either of those might cost you the match! This Iron Gladiator Shoulder Guard is big enough and hardy enough to protect both, in fair measure. Crafted entirely from a single piece of polished iron, this shoulder plate offers a fair measure of protection, indeed, allowing glancing blows to bounce off without inflicting so much as a nick or a scratch on your person. The shoulder guard wraps around the upper arm and shoulder and features flattened edges that flare out, giving the guard an overall square shape that provides a good deal of defense. It is held securely in place by leather straps, which wrap around the shoulder and core to keep the shoulder pauldron securely in place.
- A single piece of armor worthy of a gladiator
- Square shape offers solid and effective protection
- Features lather straps and buckles
- A great piece of costume and reenactment armor
- Perfect for warrior looks and gladiator costumes
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- Leather straps with steel buckles
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.