The perfect touch for warlord and mercenary ensembles, the Large Blackened Balthasar Spaulders are ready for the battlefield. The steel shoulder armour shows off a dark metal finish along with decorative rivets along the rims. The steel spaulders are crafted from seven individual parts to allow a very flexible range of movement, which is a critical trait when fighting. The LARP armour pairs well with our other Balthasar-style pieces. We recommend wearing these metal spaulders with a gambeson or other padded arming wear for increased comfort. We also offer a smaller version (MY100063). Please note that this item must be worn with a gorget.
Looking for the matching pieces to this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Balthasar Armour Set (ARMOUR-S1), which includes the Large Blackened Balthasar Spaulders along with the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Displays a black metal finish
- Features riveted detailing
- Excellent shoulder protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.