You call your fellow soldiers to fall in line and get ready for battle. Already prepared, you wear the Dragomir Spaulders to guard your shoulders. Made from 18 gauge steel, these polished spaulders come as a pair. Each spaulder secures to the arm with a strap. There is also a loop on the back for attaching to the cuirass (MY101061), sold separately. The spaulders feature a unique, overlapping design which gives the wearer greater mobility in battle.
First, the design consists of five overlapping sections for each spaulder. Rivets connect every section to leather straps on the back. The bottom four sections, which are closer to the elbow, have a dual piece construction. The top piece of each of these sections has a bottom edge that slopes downward. Then, the bottom edge turns into a concave curve in the middle. This top piece overlaps the second piece. The second piece continues the sloped edge into a rounded point. Rivets secure the two pieces together.
Next, the top section has a four-piece construction. There are two back pieces riveted together. The very top piece secures to the internal strap. Also, it has a wavy top edge. This top piece overlaps the second back piece. The second back piece has the same design as the other four sections of the spaulder. It has the concave edge and rounded point. In the front, the very top piece also secures to a front piece. This front piece has an inverted scalloped bottom edge. It also has a wavy top edge. Embossed curves adorn both the front and back sections. Wear these Dragomir Spaulders into your next LARP battle or look ferocious at a Renaissance faire.
- Sold as a pair
- Unique overlapping design
- Better mobility for the wearer
- Secures with straps
- Great for roleplaying and cosplay events
- Made from 18 gauge steel and leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.