If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then this Black Prince Dagger is quite the flattering design, being based on the sword that Ewart Oakeshott identified as the weapon of Edward of Woodstock, Prince of Wales. This English prince is better known by his nom de gare, the Black Prince. This elegant and effective dagger is a perfect companion blade to the larger sword (DS-1326) and features a bold blade that works well for both defense and offense, thanks to its nimble design. The blade is dual hardened and forged from 5160 high carbon steel, ensuring its strength and durability. A fuller in the blade keeps the weapon light and swift. The mild steel guard is stained black and features wide quillons with subtle up-curved edges for defense. A matching black wheel pommel completes the design. The daggers full-length tang is peened to that pommel for strength, and its grip is made of wood and wrapped in leather for security and comfort. A wood scabbard, wrapped in matching black leather, comes with the dagger for easy and secure storage. Unsharpened, this Black Prince Dagger is a fine showpiece and a great training dagger that can stand up to day-to-day training and usage, while sharpened, it makes for a fine weapon capable of cutting and piercing mail with a single, heavy-handed thrust.
Please be aware that this dagger is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this dagger is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- The companion dagger to the Black Prince Sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy dagger
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 17.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 12 Inches
- Point of Balance: Flush with the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 lbs. 2 oz.