When you wish to head out on a raid or defend your village, you should wield a sword like the Urnes Stave Viking Sword with Scabbard. Forged from 5160 high carbon steel, this sharpened sword has a wide, double-edged blade. You can choose between a sharpened blade and an unsharpened blade. A fuller runs down the length of the blade, lightening it. Also, the blade has a higher Rockwell hardness rating at the edge than at its core. In addition, the Darksword Armoury logo adorns the blade near the hilt.
Next, the sword continues with a short, cruciform crossguard. The bronze crossguard has a raised, knotwork design. Then, the hilt has an ebony grip with concave edges. It features a different knotwork design. This knotwork takes its inspiration from knotwork patterns at the Urnes Stave church in Norway. The sword ends in a lobed pommel. The bronze pommel has knotwork patterns that match the crossguard. Finally, this sword comes with a wooden scabbard. Brown leather wraps around the scabbard. This functional sword makes a great addition to any armoury or weapon collection. Bring the sword to your next historical reenactment.
- Fully functional
- Available in sharpened or unsharpened blade options
- Features knotwork designs inspired by Urnes Stave church
- Has a wide, double-edged blade with a fuller
- Comes with a scabbard
- Great for reenactments or collections
- Made from 5160 high carbon steel
- Crossguard and pommel are bronze
- Grip is ebony
- Scabbard is wood with leather covering
- Overall Length: 36 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Blade Width at Base: 2.3 Inches
- Point of Balance: 3 Inches
- Edge Hardness: 60 Rockwell Score
- Core Hardness: 48-50 Rockwell Score
- Weight: 3 Pounds 1 Ounce
Measurements are approximate.