Viking lore inspires visions of horned warriors with gigantic double-edge blades. The true image is less intimidating, but no less brutal. The original use of the Norse axe was agricultural as seen with the Traditional Viking Axe. The design of this combat axe is derived from its ancient forerunners. The Viking scholar will note its historical appearance. The crisscross leather pattern on the haft was common during the Migration Period. The wrought iron blade is hand forged and carefully fashioned after the traditional model. Enjoy the look and feel of this Viking battle-axe by adding it to your arsenal of authentic weaponry.
- 10th century inspired Viking Axe
- Crisscross leather wrapping on the hardwood haft
- Perfect for historical reenactment, training, and combat
- Not suitable for wood cutting or other chores
- Hand forged from wrought iron
- Hardwood haft has leather wrapping
- Total Length: 30 Inches
- Axe Head Width: 6.5 Inches
- Axe Head Height: 4.25
- Overall Weight: 2 lbs. 10 oz.