This Medieval Knights Sword with Scabbard is the quintessential Type XIV sword, according to Oakeshott typology. While historically smaller than most swords of its day, it makes up for size with quickness and responsiveness when wielded. Distinctive of the 14th century, this style of sword features a shorter blade with a strong taper that leads up to a fine point, making this a weapon useful for slashing, cutting, and thrusting. The blade is dual hardened and forged entirely from 5160 high carbon steel. It features a deep three-quarters inch fuller along most of the blade, which enhances its lightness and speed without detracting from strength or balance. The smooth quillons, with their slight curve, reflect both the taste and design of the late medieval period, which eventually gave way to more gothic styling. The grip of the hilt is wood wrapped in high grade leather for a secure hold, while the full-length tang is capped and peened with a round wheel pommel for additional strength and proper blade balance. This knightly sword comes with a matching scabbard, made of wood and wrapped in leather to match the grip. A sword belt is not included, so you are free to carry this sword on your own favorite belt or baldric. All in all, it is easy to see why this Medieval Knights Sword with Scabbard would be a clear favorite, beloved as much for its clean, fluid lines as for its responsiveness and mobility when wielded in combat.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Modeled after the swords of the late medieval era
- Steel is dual hardened
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is Hand Forged from 5160 High Carbon Steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.