The perfect piece of steel plate armour for LARP warriors who want protection and excellent maneuverability, the Steel Elias Short Cuirass cuts off at the midriff, allowing full rotation of the torso when fighting. This short body armour looks great combined with a chainmail shirt, showing off a bright metal finish that suits medieval knight and champion character types. We recommend wearing a gambeson or other padded arming wear with this steel breastplate for increased comfort. This armour includes both front and back protection. Check out our other great pieces of Elias-style armour to make a complete set for your next re-enactment or role-play battle.
Looking for the other pieces of this armour set? Check out the Steel Elias Short Armour Set (ARMOUR-S10) for the matching armour.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays a shiny metal finish
- Features midriff design
- Excellent front and back torso protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.