The Blackened Fafnir Brigandine is made with comfort in mind, constructed from metal plates that have been riveted on a backing of padded suede. The body armour can be put on swiftly so you are ready to fight in a matter of minutes. Due to its 8 oz. leather padding, the steel brigandine does not need to be worn with a gambeson or a similar garment. The fit of this medieval armour can be adjusted to three different sizes with leather straps pulled through eyelets. The plate armour can be worn in various combinations, as well, by removing the shoulder plates or thigh protectors as desired. The steel plates featured on the front and back display a dark metal finish with corrugated details, making this LARP armour ideal for dark warriors and mercenaries of all sorts. Be sure to check out all of our Fafnir-style armour when planning your ensemble for your next LARP battle or re-enactment.
Looking for the other pieces of this armour set? Check out the Blackened Fafnir Armour Set (ARMOUR-L33) for the matching armour.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays a black metal finish
- Features corrugated detailing
- Excellent body armour
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel and 8 oz. leather
- Metal plates are riveted on cowhide suede leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.