The Soldiers Steel Shoulder Armour offer impressive protection, each piece consisting of a wide, rounded pauldron plate layered over a closer-fitting, contoured spaulder. Shoulder, upper arm, and armpit are all guarded with steel. This hand crafted, 19 gauge steel shoulder set has been given a polished finish, great for knightly looks and versatile enough to suit almost any medieval or fantasy style. The top of the pauldrons can be secured to gambesons or other armour and clothing using included brass point tie strings. The lower spaulder plate secures to the upper arm with a buckled leather strap. Whether in LARP combat, light reenactment, or at a costuming event, add comprehensive protection and style with this steel spaulder and pauldron set.
Due to the handcrafted nature of this armour piece, there may be slight natural deviations in its pattern, color, and shape.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Layered plates provide comprehensive protection
- Features a polished finish throughout
- Secures in place with tie strings and straps
- Great for LARP, light reenactment, and costume use
- Sold as a set of two
- Made of 19 gauge mild steel
- Straps are made of leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- For the leather fittings, remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.