The Scouts Cuirass in Polished Steel is ideal for missions to protect the kingdom that require both good protection and unhindered movement. This short torso armour protects the top of the chest, back and front with steel plates. The steel armour plates are slightly curved to conform to the shape of the body, featuring a high, reverse curve neckline, sloped sides, and a rounded bottom edge. The back and front of this steel harness are secured together with adjustable brown leather straps at the shoulders and underneath the arms. This handcrafted medieval cuirass has a polished finish and rolled edges for no sharpness. Made of 19 gauge mild steel and available in a range of sizes, this versatile medieval armour piece is great for piecing together a unique armour look or adding protection to an existing LARP or reenactment outfit.
Due to the handcrafted nature of this armour piece, there may be slight natural deviations in its pattern, color, and shape.
- Covers top of the torso, back and front
- Secures in place with adjustable leather straps
- Features a polished finish
- Great for LARP, light reenactment, and costume use
- Available in a range of sizes
- Made of 19 gauge mild steel
- Straps are made of leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- For the leather fittings, remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.