With the Galahad Steel Cuirass upon your torso, you stand proud, brave, and well protected despite the panic of war as you defend the realm. This handcrafted steel cuirass is ideal for knights of fantasy and historical inspiration. The chest plate and back plate are fastened together with adjustable leather straps at the shoulders and sides, and looped leather straps along the bottom of the chest plate are ideal for attaching tassets and belt shields. Pauldrons or spaulders can also be attached to the leather shoulder straps. Add this plate armour cuirass to your medieval warrior outfit over a padded gambeson, whether dressing for a LARP event, Renaissance festival, or other costume-worthy occasion, and you will feel as noble as any knight of legend.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Includes chest plate and back plate attached with leather straps
- Adjustable straps fasten at shoulders and sides
- Spaulders can be attached to leather shoulder straps
- Has looped leather straps along bottom front edge for attaching tassets
- Ideal armour for medieval knights, paladins, and fantasy warriors
- Great for LARP and other medieval or fantasy costume events
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.