No paladin or mercenary should forget to guard their legs against attacks. Guard your upper legs and knees with the Rikomer Steel Leg Guards. Made from 18 gauge steel, these silver leg guards come as a pair. They secure to the legs with straps. Each leg guard has two straps. There is also a buckle at the top of each leg guard for attaching the guards to an armour belt, not included.
Next, the Rikomer Steel Leg Guards feature a unique design. The design consists of multiple overlapping sections for greater mobility. Rivets attach these sections to internal straps. Many of the sections around the knee feature multiple pieces riveted together. The kneecap, for example, has three pieces riveted together. The middle piece has concave edges on the top and bottom. It attaches to two pieces that come to a curved point. The top piece points upwards while the bottom piece points down.
In addition, the middle piece also connects to a side section that protects the outer part of the knee. This side section has a fishtail shape. Those pieces make up the knee section of the leg guard. The knee section connects to two dual piece sections, one above the knee and the other below. The dual piece section above the knee overlaps the thigh section. The thigh section has two pieces also riveted together. These Rikomer Steel Leg Guards look fantastic at your next faire, LARP battle, or cosplay convention.
Looking for the other pieces of this armour set? Check out the Rikomer Armour Set (ARMOUR-S16) for the matching armour.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Sold as a pair
- Designed for greater mobility
- Covers the outside of the knee
- Secures with straps
- Great for roleplaying and cosplay events
- Made from 18 gauge steel and leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 21.4 Inches
- Width: 7.6 Inches
- Upper Thigh Circumference: 14-24.4 Inches
- Knee Circumference: 10.5-24.3 Inches
Measurements are approximate.