If you plan on putting together your own suit of armor, this Knights Plated Leg Protection is a good way to go as far as keeping your legs safe. And not only does it offer good defense, but it also opens a world of versatility for your armored look, too. With these steel plate leg guards, you can easily vary and change your look, adding and subtracting pieces from your armored appearance to change it subtly with every rendition! These plated limb protectors are crafted entirely from mild steel, in one of two different gauges. The 18 gauge version is lighter and better suited for LARPing, costuming, and light reenactment, while the 16 gauge version is a heavier, thicker metal that is made for combat and reenactment, making it suitable for SCA events too. This armor set consists of a pair of pieces, which feature connected greaves, poleyns, and cuisses, which offers protection for the upper and lower leg, as well as the knee. The armor is also articulated, to ensure the full range of movement when worn, too. They come complete with leather straps and buckles, too, for securing the plates onto your lower limbs for easy wearing. They are offered as a matched set. This Knights Plated Leg Protection is a good way to go for those who want to pick and choose what pieces of plate armor they want to wear, as well as hardy protection for any warrior to wear in the midst of combat, be it friendly LARP or authentic reenactment.
- A Pair of Knightly Plate Leg Protectors
- Crafted Entirely from Mild Steel
- Offered in Either 18 Gauge or 16 Gauge Steel
- Consists of Connected Cuisse, Poleyn, and Greave
- Fully Articulated For Good Movement
- Provides Great Defense for the Upper and Lower Leg, as well as the Knee
- Sold as a Matched, Two-Piece Set
- Ideal for Costuming, as well as For Combat, SCA Events, and Reenactment
- Perfect for Medieval Knights and Warriors
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 24.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.