As an imperial warrior, you have a responsibility to protect your legs in battle. You wear the Red Leather and Steel Leg Guards. Made from 17 gauge mild steel, these leg guards come as a pair. The guards secure to the legs with leather straps.
Next, the guards cover the thighs and the knees. The thigh section looks different from the knee portion. The thigh portion has a layered design. It has a red suede leather outer layer with steel strips on the inside. Brass, floral style rivets attach the steel to the leather. This creates a distinctive studded look on the front of the thigh section.
The top of the knees tie to the thigh portions. The knees are completely steel. They have a rounded shape with a central ridge and fan-shaped side piece. This side piece helps to protect the side of the knee. Below the plate directly covering the knee, there are two small plates and a larger one at the bottom. They articulate, allowing you to bend and move your knees. A pointed leather fringe hangs down from the bottom plate. It has riveted detailing. The Red Leather and Steel Leg Guards have a distinctive style, perfect for adding to a LARP or roleplaying costume.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Comes as a pair
- Protects the knees and thighs
- Features layered, two-section construction
- Has a studded look
- Secures with straps
- Great for LARP and roleplaying events
- Made from 17 gauge mild steel and suede split leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Height: 8.7 Inches
- Length: 21.3 Inches
- Width: 13.4 Inches
Measurements are approximate.