Historically, the colichemarde was designed as something of a middle-ground weapon – it featured a smaller blade for a more nimble attack, but sacrificed nothing in terms of parrying ability. This Ornate Renaissance Colichemarde also has a fine look, too. What made the colichemarde a faster weapon was the reduction of the blade. Like in historical examples, this recreation features a wide forte, where the sword offers plenty of width and waist for parrying and defense, while the blade itself narrows dramatically into a thin spike, designed purely for thrusting and stabbing. On this recreation, the blade is hand crafted from fine steel, while the hilt possesses an ornate and fine design worthy of any noble or duelist. The hilt is crafted in polished brass metal, with a round shell-guard cap set with two finger-guards underneath, to offer a proper fencing grip and hold. The hilt also has a D-shaped guard with a leather wrapped hilt, to provide a secure and comfortable grip, as well as a bit of defense for the hand, as well. Included with the sword is a wooden scabbard that is wrapped in leather and outfitted with brass furnishings on the throat and chape. For the noble gentleman who wants a sword that is as fast as it is fine in appearance, this Ornate Renaissance Colichemarde is a fine choice, one that will not disappoint, either as a waist-worn accent or as a fine display in your home.
- Fully Functional
- A Stylized Rendition of the Ornate Small Sword
- Blade Possesses an Unsharpened Edge
- Has an Ornate, Fencers Hilt with D-Shape Guard
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Carrying Weapon and Display Piece
- Blade is made of EN45 high carbon steel with a brass hilt
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.