A few unique touches are enough to make this Cluny Hand and a Half Sword into a truly unique medieval arm, one that is not only appealing to look at, but also a fine blade, one that any warrior would want to carry as their weapon of choice. This sword has a blade that is made entirely from EN45 high-carbon steel, with a diamond shaped cross-section that, historically, provided a stiff and rigid blade that was perfect for stabbing and thrusting. The shape of the blade, with its taper and its fine point, further support that notion, making this sword look very much like a classic cut-and-thrust weapon. The S-shaped guard adds a unique flare to the design, and the inclusion of a rain guard, or chappe, ensures that the blade fits flush with the included scabbard. The grip is wrapped in leather and fitted with small braided accents, while the wide wheel pommel completes the sword and helps to balance the blade a bit. Included with the sword is a wooden scabbard, wrapped in leather and fitted with a steel chape at its tip. Made for its appeal, this Cluny Hand and a Half Sword revives the fine look of a sword worthy of any king or knight, making it a sword to hang at your hip or on your wall, so that others might appreciate its appeal, too.
This sword comes in two types. The regular version is tempered and hardened and features traditional shaping, making it a great choice for reenactment. The Light Combat version is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and stage combat.
- Offered in a Regular Reenactment and Light Combat Model
- Modeled After a Historical Bastard Sword
- Possesses a Unsharpened, Cut and Thrust Style Blade
- Features a Unique S-Shaped, Cast Steel Guard
- Has a Chappe, or Rain Guard, Set Above the Guard
- Includes a Leather Wrapped Wood Scabbard
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.