The musket, though the prime weapon of the French Musketeers, was a cumbersome firearm, both to load and fire, so a good rapier was a necessary second weapon. The basket of this rapiers hilt is ambidextrous (can be used for left and right hand fighting) and a very effective mix of both the cup-hilt and swept-hilt styles. The grip is wood wrapped with twisted wire and the parts of the hilt are plated with gleaming nickel silver. The Musketeer Main Gauche (401348) can be purchased separately..
Due to the design and blade geometry of this rapier, it is recommended that owners do not attempt to sharpen the blade.
Made by Windlass.
- Basket hilt designed for left or right hand use
- Musketeer crossed etched into the guard
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- A functional, battle ready sword with a false edge
- Scabbard is included
- Overall Length: 46 Inches
- Blade Length: 37.5 Inches
- Blade Width: 1 Inch
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.