Narrow, fitted cuffs were ideal for those who wielded the sword in battle, leaving the fighters hand free from hindrance. Thus, the Swordsman Shirt makes use of an Elizabethan-inspired design to create its practical structure. At the height of its popularity, from 1500-1600, gentlemen frequently wore this shirt outside the pants, highlighted with a colorful sash. Take inspiration from history, or cinch its waist with a sword belt to recreate the look shown here.
- Top quality garment has a very authentic look
- Loose torso fit is pleated at chest placket
- Long sleeves end in close-fitting, laced cuffs
- Collared neck has lace closure
- Great for medieval and Renaissance fairs
- Versatile piece goes with many different looks
- Made of a medium weight cotton