When people think of the beret, they think of 20th-Century France, but the hat has actually been around since the Middle Ages and was popular throughout Europe. The Medieval Wool Beret replicates an early incarnation of this hat. This wool blend cap is designed to closely resemble the medieval precursor to the modern beret, the tam, and the Renaissance flat cap, granting you an authentic and spacious hat. It features a cylindrical shape with a round top. You can tilt it to the side for a stylish touch like the images above.
The hats woolen material and ample room also make it perfect for the retention of body heat, so it makes a great cap to wear in the cold. The Medieval Wool Beret comes in red, green, brown, blue, grey, or black, meaning that no matter what color your medieval ensemble, this cap is sure to work for you.
- Based on early medieval berets
- Has a cylindrical shape
- Woolen material helps to retain body heat
- Comes in red, green, brown, blue, grey, and black
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and other medieval reenactments
- Made of 74% wool, 15% polyester, 7% polyamides, and 4% miscellaneous natural fibers