The Roman cucullus was one of the earliest cowls, and its design carried over into the Middle Ages, as seen in the hoods worn by farmers, priests, and peasants. The Medieval Cucullus Gugel revives this design in beautiful accuracy. This heavy wool blend cowl sits comfortably on the shoulders, and its hood has a moderately sized tail resembling a shorter liripipe. Because a large percentage of this garment is made from wool, it is water repellent, making it perfect for rain or sun. The Medieval Cucullus Gugel comes in black, grey, brown, green, or red, allowing it to be matched with a great number of tunics so as to really complete your medieval ensemble.
- Inspired by the cucullus from Roman times
- Fits comfortably on the shoulders
- Hood features a long, thick tail
- Repels water in the event of a rainstorm
- Comes in black, grey, brown, green, and red
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs or other medieval reenactments
- Made of 74% wool, 15% polyester, 7% polyamides, and 4% miscellaneous natural fibers