Vikings raided the coast of England looking for loot throughout the 8th and 9th centuries with a variety of unique weapons, including Norse blades like the Maldon Viking Sword, which makes an excellent addition to any collection. The functional sword is made from tough 1065 high carbon steel. Computer controlled ovens provide strength, resiliency, and edge retention, tempering the full tang blade to an RC in the low 50s. The functional blade is then expertly sharpened, and the design is finished with super strong steel parts. A stonewashed black finish gives each historical sword a bold look. This Viking sword comes with a scabbard.
The pieces in the Battlecry Series are individually inspected at each step of the manufacturing process. Each model is put through rigorous tests to ensure that they exceed industry standards and comes with a signed certificate.
Chronicled in an Old English poem, Maldon involved a Viking incursion in Essex, England.
- Fully functional
- Windlass Battlecry Series
- Hand-forged from 1065 high carbon steel
- Tempered to RC in the low 50s
- Sharpened blade has full tang
- Features stonewashed, blackened finish
- Comes with matching scabbard
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.