It was always possible to drive the point of a weapon through the rings of a mail shirt or shear it with a good cut. This often drove the damaged rings deep into the wound. Even if the blow did not cut the mail, the blunt trauma alone was enough to break bone and damage internal organs. A thick, padded garment worn under a mail shirt greatly reduced the risk of these types of injuries. Our gambeson is of a type worn from the early Middle Ages well on through the Renaissance. The Early Gambeson is also typically worn under plate armour to prevent the armour from pinching your skin when in motion.
- Top Quality Garment
- Great for Medieval and Renaissance Fairs
- Makes wearing Chainmail and Plate Armour more comfortable
- A basic style that will go with any Medieval outfit
- Medium: Fits a 46 Inch Chest Size with a 22.5 Inch Sleeve Length, Overall Length – 33 Inches
- Large: Fits a 50 Inch Chest Size with a 23.5 Inch Sleeve Length, Overall Length – 33 Inches
- X-Large: Fits a 54 Inch Chest Size with a 24 Inch Sleeve Length, Overall Length – 33 Inches