The traditional arms of a Celtic warrior were not overly complicated. In fact, this La Tene Celtic Short Sword, drawn from early Iron Age culture, demonstrates a fairly straight-forward design, although one not lacking individual elegance, either. This blades design is based on what old-world warriors would have favored, and that was primarily functionality, first and foremost. The blade is gently tapered to a point, giving it a slightly angular design, while the cross-section ensures that the blade is fairly rigid. The hilt is minimalist in design, being made from wood (a classic choice, for an Iron Age sword) and featuring a small, rounded guard and swelled grip that fits easily into the hand. The pommel appears similar in shape to the guard, only inverted, with both featuring rivets to hold the hilt in place around the blades tang. Included with the sword is a more modernized scabbard of cast-metal, which serves well in keeping the blade safe and secure when it is not in use. The distinctive look of this La Tene Celtic Short Sword gives it an old look, one that goes back much further than the medieval era, making it a great collectible, as well as a fun weapon to wield.
- Fully Functional, Battle Ready
- A Recreation of a Celtic Sword
- Based on Designs from The La Tene Culture
- Features a Tapered EN45 High-Carbon Steel Blade
- Includes a Cast-Metal Scabbard
- Wood Hilt is Appealingly Minimalist
- Overall Length: 34.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.25 Inches
- Weight: 2 Pounds 9 Ounces
There are no reviews yet.