No experienced soldier wants another chip on their shoulder. Wear the Kaspar Blackened Spaulders to protect them from harm on the LARP battlefield. These uniquely flexible, handmade steel spaulders provide both mobility and defense. Sold as a set of two, each spaulder is made up of four steel segments attached to each other in a way that supports movement – a must-have in any skirmish. Inspired by the armour worn by 16th and 17th century cavalrymen, these layered plate spaulders have been electrochemically treated, giving the major sections of the steel their blackened look. A strip of un-blackened steel adorns the center and border of each steel plate, creating eye-catching contrast, while a braid pattern adds a dash of finesse. Ideal for Renaissance era warriors or fantasy characters, these steel shoulder guards make great additions to LARP armour sets and armour costumes.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Kaspar Armour Set (OUTFIT-M54), which includes the Kaspar Blackened Spaulders along with the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Sold in sets of two
- Inspired by the armour of Renaissance cavalrymen
- Blackened by rust resistant electrochemical processes
- Each spaulder made up of four layered plates
- Unique plate style provides both mobility and defense
- Leather strap at bottom plate secures armour to upper arm
- Suits historic and fantasy knights, soldiers, and more
- Ideal for LARP and Renaissance era armour costumes
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.