Marching towards battle with the Henning Steel Spangenhelm on your head, you summon your courage and prepare to meet your fate on the battlefield. This handcrafted steel helmet is inspired by styles popular in the Early Middle Ages. The helmets rounded, conical construction is designed to help deflect blows, and its structure is further reinforced by the riveted strips of metal crossing its pointed skull. An angled nose guard extends from the bottom front edge of the cap, and two attached metal cheek flaps protect the sides of your face. These flaps feature small, round cut-outs to better allow for proper hearing. Worn over a padded arming cap for safety and comfort, this medieval steel helmet tops off armoured looks and LARP costumes with authentic style.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on helmet style from the Early Middle Ages
- Conical skullcap reinforced with riveted strips
- Features attached metal cheek flaps
- Short nasal guard extends from bottom edge of helm
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 24 Inches
Measurements are approximate.