The Tapestry of Bayeux depicts the knights and guardsman of William the Conqueror. On their heads rest Spangenhelms similar to the Blacwin Steel Norman Helmet, a perfect fit for those who wish to reenact the Battle of Hastings. Handcrafted from 16 gauge steel, this nasal helmet consists of a ridged dome with nose guard and cheek flaps. Ridges and rivets provide extra protection against blows. An inner lining increases the comfort and fit of the helmet, while adjustable buckle straps secure it at the chin.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Inspired by the Norman army of William I
- Comes with a nasal guard and cheek flaps
- Fitted with an adjustable buckle strap at the chin
- Strengthens your defense for LARP
- Crafted from 16 gauge mild steel
- Fittings are leather