Originating in the 1700s, leather gaiters offer protection and warmth to the lower leg of the wearer. The Gabriel Suede Boot Gaiters feature a stylish design that goes very well with Renaissance and Victorian ensembles. Reaching all the way up to the knee, the suede gaiters are closed with a row of buttons along the outside. On the inside, laces can be adjusted for a comfortable fit. A fold along the top of the period gaiters adds extra flair to their dashing appearance. The broad instep cover will help to transform any modern shoe into the perfect historical footwear for your ensemble.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Available in black and brown
- Features buttons on the outside
- Laces up along the inside
- Ideal Renaissance or Victorian apparel
- Made from cowhide suede leather
- Handwashing this item is recommended. Do not dry in the dryer. Do not bleach. Item may be ironed on a low setting.
- Length: 16.5 Inches
- Instep Width: Up to 8.5 Inches
- Inside Circumference: 14 Inches
- Strap Adjustable from 8 to 16 Inches
Measurements are approximate. This is a handmade item that is measured by hand. Please allow for approximately 1-2 inches of variation from measurements shown.
Andrea M. –
The gaiters themselves are overall well-made and accurate to what is portrayed (although the brown color is a bit darker than indicated) . However, the buttons are fastened on extremely weakly-I lost several in my first couple of times wearing them. The buttons are also a bit stubborn about feeding through, so unless you want to do the buttons first and then the laces-which seems to defeat the point of the buttons-this will wear the thread undone even faster.
Daniel G. –
Very well made and heavy duty construction, thick leather. Provides excellent protection and look great.