A fruitful season of growth and vitality, the summer season provides the inspiration for this lovely themed katana. The tsuba of the Summer Lotus Katana expresses a water garden scene with a lotus blossom and tree motif. The wonders of nature continue in the snail and frog menuki (handle ornaments), which serve as symbols of fertility and good fortune. The blackened tsuba, fuchi, tsuka-ito (handle wrap), and fuchi-kashira contrast the real white ray skin of the handle. The notched seppa (spacers), silver habaki (blade collar), and green textured and lacquered saya (scabbard) finish the design. Crafted with a 5160 high carbon steel blade, this functional katana has a 1.5 inch kissaki (point) with blade geometry conducive to rigorous cutting without chipping or deformation on soft or semi-hard targets.
- Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Features black wrap and ray skin handle
- Decorated with lotus water garden motif
- Comes with a lacquered scabbard
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 41.125 Inches
- Blade Length: 28.125 Inches
- Handle Length: 11.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.
- Sori: 0.625 Inch
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.