The symbolism of the gingko leaf for longevity is about as ancient as the tree itself. The Autumn Leaf Katana embraces this rich metaphor of endurance in its decorative motif, evoking the true beauty of the season. The blackened, moon-shaped stainless steel tsuba silhouettes falling gingko leaves as the moon coaxes songs from the grasshopper and bell cricket menuki (handle ornaments), which are both symbols of good fortune in Japanese culture. Crafted from 5160 high carbon steel, the functional katana features a 1.5 inch kissaki (point) with blade geometry conducive to rigorous cutting without chipping or deformation on soft or semi-hard targets. The tan tsuka-ito (handle wrap) offsets the blackened fuchi and fuchi-kashira. The Japanese sword handle is pinned with a single mekugi (bamboo pin) in true traditional and authentic fashion, unlike many modern counterparts. The brown textured and lacquered saya (scabbard) features a buffalo horn-rimmed koiguchi (scabbard mouth) and kurikata (knob) with a black sageo (cord).
- Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Features tan handle wrap and authentic single mekugi
- Decorated with gingko motif
- Comes with a lacquered scabbard with buffalo horn rimmed mouth and black cord
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 43.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 29.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.25 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.