The Dark Drake Pauldrons feature a unique raised pattern. This pair fits just about any character from any period. Each is comprised of a large shoulder plate and four smaller lames that protect the upper arm during LARP combat. Made from 18-gauge mild steel, the shoulder plates possess a dark metal finish, coated with a rust and scratch resistant treatment. A scale-like pattern with raised ridges, rivets, and rolled edges increase their deflection capability. This set includes the besagues. Leather cording secures them to the pauldrons. Adjustable buckle straps hold the shoulder plates to the upper arm. The shoulder straps aid in customization, allowing you to combine this pauldron set with a gorget, cuirass, and other attachments. The pictured Dark Drake Gorget is available separately.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Dark Drake Complete Armour Package – Size Medium (MCI-2628-M-Bundle), which includes the Dark Drake Pauldrons alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Possesses a dark metal finish
- Treated with an oxidation resistant coating
- Features a pair of pauldrons with lames and besagues
- Designed with a raised pattern and rolled edges for improved safety
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge galvanized mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.