Originally hailing from the mid-16th century, the morion was a helmet that became fairly common, thanks to its efficient protection. This Comb Morion – Steel recreates the form of this age-old helm, as well as its protective strength. The morion is a rather famous helmet design, as it has been widely depicted by film and fiction, and is often associated with Spanish explorers. Made entirely from 18-gauge mild steel, the helm possesses a polished finish, giving it a reflective gleam. The rounded top and brim protects the head and shields the face from downward blows. The interior of the helmet features a leather liner, while a pair of cheek protectors drapes from the sides. Leather straps secure the helmet at the chin. If you want to emulate the look of a conquistador, the Comb Marion – Steel helmet is definitely the way to go.
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Features a rounded crown, metal brim, and cheek protectors
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Great for historic reenactment events and LARP use
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.