Originally hailing from the mid-16th century, the morion was a helmet that became fairly common, thanks to its efficient protection. This Comb Morion – Steel recreates the form of this age-old helm, as well as its protective strength. The morion is a rather famous helmet design, as it has been widely depicted by film and fiction, and is often associated with Spanish explorers. Made entirely from 18-gauge mild steel, the helm possesses a polished finish, giving it a reflective gleam. The rounded top and brim protects the head and shields the face from downward blows. The interior of the helmet features a leather liner, while a pair of cheek protectors drapes from the sides. Leather straps secure the helmet at the chin. If you want to emulate the look of a conquistador, the Comb Marion – Steel helmet is definitely the way to go.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Features a rounded crown, metal brim, and cheek protectors
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Great for historic reenactment events and LARP use
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Medium: Fits a 23 to 26 Inch Head Circumference
- Large: Fits a 24 to 28 Inch Head Circumference