These broad-bladed, single-edged short swords with their distinctive D-shaped handguards and long forward quillons were virtually unknown until after World War II. Today, Asian culture has become so widespread that it’s easy to recognize Butterfly Swords when you see them! Their size and maneuverability make it easy to deliver a flurry of deadly slashing and chopping attacks, making them a favorite of kung fu movie fans and martial artists alike, and it’s easy to add flourishes and embellishments that will have your opponents reeling in confusion. When you buy our Butterfly Swords you gain access to that proud tradition of scaring the absolute snot out of your opponents. These weapons are made from 1055 high carbon steel and measure more than 20 inches from hilt to tip, feature cord-wrapped hardwood handles for exceptional grip, and weigh just 37.1 ounces. These come as a set of two for double the action and double the fun!
- Designed for cutting, training, and combat
- Set of two swords with wide blades
- Handle features D-shaped guard and quillon
- Modeled after classic Kung Fu weapons
- Blades made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Handles made of hardwood wrapped with cord
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.