Inspired by the authentic blackthorn Irish shillelaghs made of prized blackthorn wood, the Irish Blackthorn Walking Staff uses high impact polypropylene to create a high quality walking stick that will not warp, crack, or splinter. The shillelagh is the traditional weapon of rural Ireland, and in expert hands, it was so fearsome that they were outlawed. The weapon eventually evolved into a sturdy and functional walking stick, and now Cold Steel has replicated the look of the traditional blackthorn here in easy to maintain, injection molded polypropylene. This walking stick artfully embraces the appearance of natural blackthorn wood with impressive attention to detail and beauty.
- Inspired by traditional Irish weapon
- Very tough and difficult to damage
- Resistant to weather, warping, or shredding
- A great walking stick and self defense tool
- Made of polypropylene
- Weight: 28.2 oz.
- Head: 2.75 Inches
- Overall: 37 Inches
- Thickness at Base: 1 Inch
- Thickness at Neck: 1 3/8 Inch