Whether you ride forth on a sinister errand or a noble mission to save the kingdom, the Kaspar Blackened Cuirass will protect you on your adventure. The back plate of this cuirass is uniquely articulated, allowing its wearer to sit. Handcrafted from high-quality steel, this chest and back plate set is inspired by the armour of German cavalrymen of the 16th and 17th century. An electrochemical process creates its unique, blackened look and protects the plate armour from rust. The edges of the armour plates, along with a stripe down the center of the front and back, are left unblackened for striking contrast. Fastened together with adjustable leather straps at the sides and upon the shoulders, this Renaissance cuirass is easy to combine with other Kaspar armour pieces, with leather loops along the bottom of the chest plate for attaching pieces like the Kaspar Blackened Tassets. The wide neckline of this steel cuirass is roomy enough to wear the matching Kaspar Blackened Gorget underneath. Renaissance in its style, this steel cuirass makes an impressive base for fantasy LARP armour ensembles and historically based soldier costumes alike when worn over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Includes chest plate and back plate
- Based on armour styles of Renaissance cavalrymen
- Blackened by rust resistant electrochemical processes
- Bottom of back plate is articulated, allowing wearer to sit
- Features a wide neckline for wearing over a gorget
- Adjustable leather straps at sides and shoulders secure plates together
- Has leather loops along chest plate bottom edge for attaching tassets
- Great for fantasy or historical LARP and other costume events
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- Length: 22.83 Inches
- Circumference: 43.3 Inches
Measurements are approximate.