The macaque, also called the Japanese snow monkey, knows that survival requires communal support, especially during the winter chill. The Winter Sun Katana mirrors the cold reality of the darkest days of the year in its design. Snow sweeps over the heads of two macaques on one side of the tsuba (guard), while snowflakes decorate the other side. Additional snowflake designs appear in the menuki (handle ornaments). The blackened finish of the tsuba, fuchi, tsuka-ito (handle wrap), and fuchi-kashira contrast the real white ray skin of the handle. Crafted with a 5160 high carbon steel blade, this functional katana has a 1.5 inch kissaki (point) with blade geometry conducive to rigorous cutting without chipping or deformation on soft or semi-hard targets. The Japanese sword comes with a black textured and lacquered saya (scabbard).
- Fully functional
- Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Features black wrap and ray skin handle
- Decorated with winter monkey motif
- Comes with a lacquered scabbard
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 43.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 29.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.25 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs.
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.