Wicked warlock or sneaky rogue, the Ashwalker Short Cuirass makes the perfect match for these kinds of characters and more. The handcrafted leather cuirass has an antiqued patina that give it a unique battle-tested look.
Unique Leather Weathering and Finish:
Vegetable-dyed black and dark grey, this fantasy leather cuirass has a unique patina that gives it a look similar to blackened, weathered steel. Intentional slashes and irregularities in the 8-9 ounce leather add to its rugged, battle-tested look. The leather has been sanded and varnished to create an ancient appearance. Antique brass-plated rivets reinforce both its structure and style.
This fantasy torso armour covers the chest and back but leaves the waist uncovered. The shorter structure allows for more mobility. Additional leather plates add rugged detail to the front of the leather chest plate. These jagged top panels look like claws or thorns wrapping upwards and around the wearer.
An additional plate accents and adds extra protection at the neckline of the Ashwalker Short Cuirass. It ends in an arrow point at the chest. This point holds an antique brass-plated O-ring.
Eyelets at the shoulders make it easy to attach the matching pauldrons, the Ashwalker Spiked Pauldron (RT-506) and Ashwalker Skull Pauldron (RT-508). Sold separately, you can choose whether to wear just one pauldron for an edgy, asymmetrical look or wear both for utmost intimidation on the battlefield.
Crisscrossing strips of black add detail over the top of the back of the armour. Then, two thick black straps, one from each side of the front, wrap to the back and secure in place with buckles on the back. The straps have metal eyelets for extra durability and a high level of adjustability.
The Ashwalker Short Cuirass makes an eye-catching base for any fantasy armour outfit, especially for characters who have shadowy origins or intentions. It is especially suited for characters who may favor agility over defense in battle, such as rogues and assassins. But it also suits necromancers, orcs, and barbarians, too! This leather chest armour is perfect for LARP, Renaissance faires, or cosplay.
Looking for the complete Ashwalker look? Check out the Ashwalker Armour Set (ARMOUR-L39) for each piece of this medieval fantasy leather armour set.
- Dyed with an antique patina for a rugged, weathered look
- Ends before the waist for extra mobility
- Buckled straps on the sides and back adjust the fit
- Eyelets on the shoulders for attaching pauldrons
- Perfect for rangers, barbarians, orcs, and more
- Great for LARP, Renaissance faires, and costuming
- Made of 8-9 ounce leather with 5-6 ounce leather straps
- Fittings are antique brass plated
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue. For more information, check out our guide on How to Take Care of Leather Armour.