This suede vest makes an excellent addition to your re-enactment gear with its quality construction. The Arthur Suede Gambeson offers armour padding that can be worn under many kinds of armour to help prevent rubbing and pinching. The tall collar on the medieval gambeson increases comfort around the neck, as well. The suede gambeson is top-stitched in a diamond pattern that allows movability and keeps the padding in place. The front of the padded gambeson is fastened with four buckled straps. Metal eyelets run along the edges of the arm holes and bottom hem of the sleeveless gambeson, allowing the addition of sleeves or tassets (sold separately) when extra protection is desired. Leather strings for attaching pieces are included. This arming wear comes in black or brown color options.
Please note that colors may vary slightly from what is pictured.
- Padding ins 1/2 Inch thick
- Available in black or brown
- Eyelets allow addition of sleeves and tassets
- Fastens in the front with buckles
- Excellent medieval arming wear
- Made from cowhide suede and polyester
- Small: Chest – 42-44.75 Inches, Waist – 42.5-45 Inches, Length – 26 Inches
- Medium: Chest – 43-45.75 Inches, Waist – 43.25-45.5 Inches, Length – 26.5 Inches
- Large: Chest – 45.5-47.75 Inches, Waist – 44-46.25 Inches, Length – 27 Inches
- X-Large: Chest – 49-51.75 Inches, Waist – 49.5-52.25 Inches, Length – 27 Inches
- XX-Large: Chest – 58-60.5 Inches, Waist – 57-59 Inches, Length – 29.25 Inches
- Gambeson Weight: Approximately 2.95 lbs.
Measurements are approximate.